Bien Dong Petroleum Operating Company, a branch of Vietnam Oil and Gas Group that implements a project for the exploration and development of fields at Block Nos. 05-2 and 05-3 at the continental shelf in Vietnam in cooperation with Gazprom International produced 1.74 billion cubic metres of gas in the middle of December, which is almost 100% of the planned task for 2015.
Therefore, the aggregate gas production at Moc Tinh and Hai Thach fields within Block Nos. 05-2 and 05-3 in the South China Sea totals to 3.75 billion cubic metres.
Last year, the alliance of Gazprom International and Petrovietnam produced 1.6 billion cubic metres of natural gas. In 2016, the partners plan to produce at least 2 billion cubic metres, which corresponds to the “extraction ceiling” parameter provided for by the plan.
The project for the exploration and development of the Moc Tinh and Hai Thach fields at the continental shelf of Vietnam is implemented within the framework of an agreement for the assignment of the participation shares under the production sharing agreements for Block Nos. 05-2 and 05-3, signed in April 2012 by Gazprom International and Petrovietnam Vietnam Oil and Gas Group. Gazprom International is the sole company of the Gazprom Group specialised on the exploration and development of hydrocarbon fields outside the Russian Federation. Its share in the project totals 49%. The remaining 51% belongs to Petrovietnam.
The industrial production in the Moc Tinh and Hai Thach gas fields started in September 2013. The produced hydrocarbons are delivered to consumers in the South of the country via Nam Con Son-1 Pipeline.
The estimated aggregate deposits of the two fields total more than 55.5 billion cubic metres of gas. Men's Tops
Currently, approximately 5 million cubic metres are produced at the two fields daily.