The current low oil price environment and the related downturn in the industry creates major challenges for oil and gas projects. More innovation and efficiency is needed in adapting to this new reality. With oil price projections staying at conservative levels for the near and mid-term, a fundamental shift in thinking is required in order to maintain the economic robustness of projects. A focus on efficiency, better use of technology, and strong cost consciousness, without compromises to Health, Safety and Environment, will be the factors that determine the survivors of the future. Clever thinking and innovative ideas will be the foundation upon which the oil and gas industry will build its future success.
Competition task for 2017:
Innovation in times of low oil prices: surviving the downturn with clever and innovative thinking without compromising safety and environmental protection
You are kindly requested:
- to describe a technical task or problem within the industry
- to introduce a new idea in times of low oil prices, including practical work program in case of victory of your team
- to explain how your idea increases the overall (industry) environmental responsibility
- to evaluate the commitment to occupational and industrial safety as well as the creative component of the project
- to evaluate the “speed of changes”, i.e. how soon the design effect will contribute to economic and operations
- to introduce your team, describe your team roles and evaluate the way your idea may be useful for others.
Please note, that ideas that have already been summited or are already conducted as R&D project will not be accepted.
Please introduce your team and your idea strictly using the application form.
Submit your idea (the problem and ways to solve it), the implementation and possible solutions in the form of presentation - maximum of 20 slides.
Kindly present your ideas in English.
- Creativity and innovation of the idea (35 %)
- Feasibility and economic efficiency (30 %)
- Contribution to maintaining health, safety and environmental protection (20 %)
- Quality and manner of presentation (15 %)
Three teams with the best submissions from both countries, Russia and Germany, will be invited to present their ideas at a conference in September 2017, which will select the best idea.
The team that will have presented, according to the jury, the best idea will be granted the Young Vision Award 2017, which comes with following benefits:
- 1 week internship in one of the branches of Wintershall Holding GmbH or of Gazprom International
- The publication of the proposed idea in the magazine "Oil&Gas Journal Russia"
- A one-year complementary "Oil&Gas Journal Russia" subscription
- Evaluation of the idea by one or more international experts. If the idea is found to be technically feasible, appropriate and economically justified, the companies Wintershall Holding GmbH and Gazprom International will agree on supporting the first phase of the project via financing.
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program and maintaining student status in Fall Semester 2017.
Participants must have a valid passport for travelling abroad.
Deadline for applications:
May 1, 2017
The jury is composed of independent international experts.
The expert committee's decision on the finalists will be taken in July 2017.
Alexandra Alekhina (English, Russian)
For more information please visit: