On 25 July 2015, the Bien Dong Petroleum Operating Company, a branch of the Vietnam Oil and Gas Group Petrovietnam, which is jointly implementing a project with Gazprom International for the development of fields in blocks No 05-2 and No 05-3 on Vietnam’s continental shelf, supplied its 3rd billion cubic metre of natural gas to customers.
This event coincided with the second anniversary of Gazprom International’s receiving an investment licence for these blocks from the Vietnamese Ministry of Industry and Trade. This licence formally legalised the company’s entry into the project.
Commercial production at the Hai Thach and Moc Tinh gas fields, which are located within blocks No 05-2 and No 05-3, got under way in September 2013.
The produced gas is delivered to consumers in the south of the country via the Nam Con Son-1 gas pipeline. These blocks currently produce about 5 million cubic metres of gas per day.
The successful implementation of the project was highly commended by the co-chairmen of the Joint Coordinating Committee for Cooperation between Gazprom and Petrovietnam, the Deputy Chairman of Gazprom’s Management Committee, Vitaly Markelov, and the Vice President of Petrovietnam, Nguyen Vu Truong Son, during the Committee’s regular meeting in Kazan in July 2015.
Blocks No 05-2 and No 05-3 are located in the southwestern part of the South China Sea. Two gas fields have been discovered within these blocks: Moc Tinh and Hai Thach.
Developing these fields requires 16 production wells from two production platforms within the blocks.
The project for the joint development of wells in blocks No 05-2 and No 05-3 on Vietnam’s continental shelf is being implemented according to the terms of a production-sharing agreement on the basis of the agreement regarding the assignment of shares between Gazprom International and Petrovietnam signed in April 2012. Representing Gazprom in this project is Gazprom International, the unified specialised company for the prospecting and development of hydrocarbon fields outside the Russian Federation. Gazprom International has a 49 per cent share. The remaining 51 per cent is owned by Petrovietnam. Kids Fashion